On-year retail sales grew by 6.5% in November 2014, led by a 50.2% increase in sales of motor vehicles. Excluding motor vehicles, retail sales decreased by 0.4% on-year.
According to Department of Statistics (SingStat), the total retail sales value in November 2014 was estimated at S$3.2B, higher that the S$3.0B in November 2013.
The on-year changes in sales of other retail sectors are as follows:
- medical goods and toiletries: +3.9%
- watches and jewellery: +3.9%
- department stores: +3.8%
- supermarkets: 3.3%
- food and beverages: +2.5%
- mini-marts and convenience stores: +1.9%
- telecommunications apparatus and computers: -1.7%
- optical goods and books: -2.4%
- wearing apparel and footwear: -3.4%
- petrol service stations: -5.7%
- recreational goods: -6%
- furniture and household: -6.8%
Meanwhile, on-year sales of food and beverages services increased by 2.0% in November 2014.
Reproduced with authorization from Singapore Stats Board.